HARTVILLE MENNONITE CHURCH
We worship the Father in spirit and in truth (John 4:23), responding to Him with awe for who He is and with thanksgiving for His extravagant love.
Worship: As a Church Body We …
· Desire worship that is Christ-centered and guided by the Holy Spirit
· See individual and corporate prayer as an essential part of worship
· Come to public worship with the intent to give ourselves, our time, and our resources
· Encourage active participation in worship by everyone, experiencing God's presence corporately and individually
· Call on those leading in worship to do so with sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, offering their best to God
· Commit to relevant Biblical preaching
· Seek to communicate the Gospel message in ways that are inviting to all people
We desire to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:1, 2), providing quality Christian education and training through preaching, teaching and mentoring in order that people might come to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and grow into healthy, functioning Christians.
Equip: As a Church Body We …
· Offer clear instruction and application that bridges the gap between the Biblical text and the listener of today
· Prepare our people so they can effectively share the basic Gospel message by articulating God's story and the plan of salvation
· Will enable people to learn and grow as they journey toward Christian maturity
· Help people identify their gifts and become engaged in ministry
We will be devoted to one another in love (Romans 12:10), caring for each other by following the example of Jesus through loving, accepting, and serving one another.
Nurture: As a Church Body We …
· Work toward developing trusting friendships and a sense of belonging
· Provide settings and opportunities for each person to give and receive care, holding each other accountable in Christian love
· Create an environment where our guests can experience acceptance and hospitality
· Commit to intercessory prayer and offering quality pastoral care and counseling
We are called to go and make disciples of all nations (Matt. 28:19), extending God's kingdom through evangelism and acts of service bringing healing and hope to the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Reach out: As a Church Body We …
· Will provide local and international opportunities for outreach ministry
· Recognize everyone as ministers, called to use their gifts for evangelism and service
· Follow Jesus in the way of peace and non-violence, being redemptively involved in the needs of the people in our community and around the world
· Will design our worship and programs in such a way that our guests can easily understand and participate
· Are people who embrace our place in work and society as being ambassadors for Christ
· Commit to outreach that is holistic, focusing on spiritual, emotional, and physical needs
(Approved at the Congregational Business Meeting 9/8/02)